Meet Skeeter


To celebrate our 40th Wedding Anniversary, Earl bought me this instead of a diamond ring.  Four wheels, a rearview mirror, a bigger basket, and a bigger battery.

As my Spinocerebellar Ataxia (SCA)progressed, I had to bite the humiliation bullet, not care what people thought (they may stare briefly, but they really don’t think about a person with disabilities for long), or shut up and stay parked somewhere.

After several rental trials, here she is.  By the way, Skeeter is the name of one of my favorite characters in a book called “The Help”.  Freedom!

The motorized scooter doesn't replace my Winnie rollator as it affords no exercise, challenge, or incentive to maintain muscle strength--that has to come from elsewhere and there are many occasions where some leg and upper body strength are required.  What it does do is vastly increase the range I can go and what I can participate in without mortal fear of falling.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We have contact

Resume and Update

East Coast Roadtrip