Resume and Update

It's been almost a year since I last blogged. I'd like to think that I was busy, but in fact, I was just too lazy and got overwhelmed at the thought of writing.The other issue is that not a whole lot new has happened and when friends would say, "You haven't blogged in a while," I just nodded my head and stared blankly.

I thought maybe it was time to retire the blog and move on.  I mean-- geez! I started this in 2011. There are nearly 200 posts, two thirds of them after publishing my book.  How much blabbing can a person do?  However, the prospect of not being able to blab was just too much to deal with. So, I decided to dig in and update some old posts-- like, "Whatever happened to...?" or "whatever happened after...?".

Going through old posts was rewarding. I discovered that being honest has paid off in that most of my old observations were still valid.  I was relieved to know that there were few instances of "I wish I hadn't said that" or "I should have included that", but, I also had to come to terms with the fact that not much has changed in twelve years.

Spoiler alert!  l still have Spinocerebellar Ataxia Type 6 (SCA6)

Planning updates to...

  • Skeeter now, Batteries, power
  • Progression (speech, handwriting), Assistive devices
  • Aging, Genetics, Depression, Coughing
  • Expanding the Village, Staying connected, Food with friends, Happy Hour Zooms
  • Technology, audiobooks, podcasts, music 
  • Holidays, weddings, gatherings
  • Maui, road trips, travel
  • Household help, deck, pergola 
  • Blogging
The lesson: Quit procrastinating and get off the damn dime,Tam!









Comments

  1. I would love to see more updates on where you live everyday. You in the AM, having a nice cup of coffee (near your pergola). It is just nice to see your pretty, smiling face. Family updates would be good too. Pics of Earl, Heidi, & Jason. I enjoy being with my boys and their wives (Trevor & Alexis live in the Denver area; Matthew & Melanie just moved to Corvallis), I just love the connectivity that we get from your blogs. You are the best!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good to see you on line again. I think about you and Earl all the time and wish we were closer. I don't drive very long distance anymore, except for around local areas. Maine is still a good driver at 87 so we get around okay. He drove me to Hoquiam on the coast this weekend for a family gathering. That was good. Sometimes my two sisters Jane and Viv and I go to Hoquiam with my younger sister driving. Viv has some disparities from her stroke in 2021 but does well. Like she said, "I can walk, I can talk and get around slowly and I'm so happy to be alive. Getting old isn't easy but it's where we are. Love you Tammy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We have contact

East Coast Roadtrip