Skeeter Meets Her Match--Adventure #4

By now, I had thrown the worst hills at the scooter--Knaus Road, Timberline, Boca Raton, Touchstone.  I was confidant that, with a full battery charge, there was nothing she couldn’t handle.  Besides, I always got a warning that power was waning.  I had learned my lesson.
When Jason invited us over to his house in Mt. Park to spend time with Zoe (6) and Lexi (3), I decided to scoot, Earl was driving.  I had been there and back before without difficulty.  So, to avoid the traffic over Mt. Park, I decided to take the path that goes up through the middle.  Heidi, Jason, and I often took the route from our home and played at the small playground along side of the path when they were little, so it was somewhat familiar territory.  How different could the bottom part be from the top part?  Answer--very different.  I got up about two-thirds of the way on a rough and steep path, but surprisingly, I had all 5 green, 2 amber, and 2 reds dots, indicating a full charge and no power loss.  Yea!  Then nothing--no dots, no movement, nada.  I was stuck on a path Earl couldn’t reach me, with a blown circuit breaker.  I didn’t even know I had a circuit breaker and reset button.  Enter another rescuer (this is getting old).  After a push, he located the reset button (it was right there the Owner’s Manual).  Instant recovery and I went back downhill to meet Earl.  However, I took the wrong fork in the path and got lost.  Earl was on his fourth cell phone call when I finally showed up.  You gotta love a man who chooses not to deliver a lecture.  He just picked me up, stored the scooter in the back of Jason & Elizabeth’s wagon, went to their house, where Lexi delivered a semi-lecture.  The scoot home, with traffic, was blissfully uneventful.  The day's lesson: there is such a thing as too steep.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We have contact

Resume and Update

East Coast Roadtrip