Scooting While Vain

Another thing I like about Skeeter--it may take me forever to get dressed for a ride, but I don’t have to worry about what I look like.  Since I wear a helmet, there’s no point in spending time on my hair. Hair combed and out of my face is much easier to accomplish than trying to blow-dry and style with diminished manual dexterity.  Since I wear big sunglasses (not exactly goggles, but close), very little of my face is visible, so no make-up is called for.  Everytime I decide to go slowly and “really apply makeup carefully this time”, I give up and decide to hell with it.  Poking myself in the eye while applying anything is so not fun.  Why do I even bother?--vanity, thy name is woman.  As women go, I’m in the mid-range of vanity, but still in the range.

Glancing in Skeeter’s rearview mirror, I resemble a bug; recognizable, but still a bug on a scooter–wearing a helmet.  The main consideration is destination.  If I’m scooting somewhere and taking my helmet and glasses off, I try to remember to look presentable rather than terminal.  Otherwise, since Skeeter doesn’t care, I focus on warmth rather than cosmesis; sometimes I forget.  It’s not a good look for lunch.

Now that colder weather has set in, and scooting expends no energy, I have to dress for the cold.  By the time I put all the layers on, gloves, etc., the Michelin Man comes to mind.  Good thing I don’t weigh 200 lbs, because god knows, I look like I do.  This is where I really appreciate Skeeter–can you imagine falling over with all that stuff on?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We have contact

Resume and Update

East Coast Roadtrip