Can You See Me Now?


 I only had Skeeter for a few weeks when our youngest grandchild pointed out that I didn't have a helmet* 😳.  A year later when I acquired my trike, I also needed the helmet for that.  This Christmas, Earl found a new helmet on the web (of course), a product of a 'Kickstarter' project.  He felt this might enhance my safety when venturing out and would make a good gift.  I didn't really need a new helmet, but this was so cool (and high tech **). 


lumoshelmet.com

With flashing LED lights, it's visible from a long distance—actually, any distance. I may look ridiculous, but that ship sailed long ago ***.  It really looks and weighs about the same as any bike helmet.










I have long wanted a way of turn signalling that didn't involve hands (not many people even remember what car hand signals are.  Neither did I want to be confused with someone having a seizure or needing assistance.)  The helmet comes with an indicator that mounts on Skeeter's handle bars.  👏







I should get something for advertising.  Just in the last week, Skeeter and I have been stopped by people who saw me coming a mile off and wanted to buy a helmet for their spouse/child/mother... Most of the promotional pictures are of bike riders.  I wonder if the Lumos Helmet company ever thought of pursuing the demographic of people with disabilities. 





The lesson: If a driver still can’t see me with the new helmet, they are either blind, having a heart attack or trying to hit me.😱
Maybe I could get a discount code from the company.

*Previous post:  Why Doesn't Grandma Wear a Helmet?
**Previous post:Hi, I'm Tammy and I'm a Tech Gadget Addict
 ***Previous post: There Are No Perfect Glasses

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We have contact

Resume and Update

March On!